Monday, December 22, 2008

Long time no postie. First week of winter edition.

After three weeks of weather that would swing from 0° overnight to 45° mid day a day or two later, it looks like the cold and snow has finally settled in. We had temps around 20° last night with a steady 15 mph wind and I'd guess 14" - 16" of snow.

I plowed twice between 3:00 and 9:00 but by midnight you never would have known. When patty left this morning the snow was deep enough that the undercarriage of her Jeep was dragging in the snow. The road crews left a snow drift 3' - 4' tall that she had to break through.


It took a little work to get the plow truck moving on the driveway (those dual rear wheel are a pain in deep snow), but once we were moving it made quick work of clearing the driveway. After our driveway I went to do the subdivision road and Katie's driveway. Katie's was no problem and things were going great on the Walker Farm road until the last pass. I was to close to the edge and was pulled off into the ditch getting good and stuck. I shut if off, then tried to start it later and it seems the starter has died. Add to that a failure of the pump on the plow and I've had a pretty great day.


I'm still kind of baffled how the started and the pump could die at the same time, right after I get it stuck. It's almost like someone is trying to tell me something.

Presently I'm home waiting for the wrecker to drop off the truck at my shop. They've no doubt had a busy day so I'm not expecting it until late.


I'm going to close on a warm and sunny note. This is us getting ready to take the boat out for a spin sometime in August. Doesn't a warm sunny day and a sea breeze sound great. Not even a week into winter and I'm already longing for summer.

No comments: